Person treated by ambulance service after house fire in Brackley

A person was was treated by the ambulance service after a house fire in Brackley yesterday, Thursday February 25.

Multiple crews of firefighters responded to a house fire yesterday in Brackley.

Appliances from Brackley and Mereway – and an appliance from Buckinghamshire Fire and Rescue responded to reports of a fire at a property on York Drive in Brackley. The fire happened around 3.20pm yesterday, Thursday February 25.

East Midlands Ambulance Service was called to the scene and treated one people with suspected smoke inhalation.

Crews responded to reports of a chip pan on fire, but on arrival found that flames had engulfed the kitchen of the maisonette. The floor suffered 100 per cent smoke damage, and there was fire damage to multiple rooms.

Firefighters used two hose reel jets, two safety jets and four breathing apparatus to safely secure the scene before leaving at 7.30pm.

The cause of the fire is believed to have been accidental.

Nick Gayton, station commander at Mereway Fire Station, said: “I would really like to praise the Brackley crew on their fast response and for stopping the fire from spreading. They did a really good job.”

Multiple crews of firefighters responded to a house fire in Brackley yesterday, Thursday February 25 (photo from Northamptonshire Fire and Rescue Service)