Bayliss and Talabi seal fourth win on spin

Ardley United's roller coaster season ended at Highworth Town with a fourth consecutive UHLSport Hellenic League victory.

By The Newsroom
Monday, 18th April 2016, 5:25 pm
Updated Monday, 18th April 2016, 6:30 pm
Ade Talabi bagged Ardley United's second goal at Highworth Town
Ade Talabi bagged Ardley United's second goal at Highworth Town

Paul Davis’s side won 2-0 in Saturday’s premier division clash with second half goals from Reece Byliss and Ade Talabi.

The visitors were first out of the blocks and Talabi looked sure to open the scoring but he was unable to get a shot away from close range and Troy Bryan’s follow up was cleared to safety. TJ Bohane headed over the bar before Talabi could only fire Jordan Jeacock’s pass high over the bar.

Just after the half hour mark, keeper Kieran Beesley pulled off a top-notch save from Tom Butler’s 25 yard drive. Bayliss worked his way into a good position but fired over the bar.

Highworth had a chance after the restart when Bohane latched on to a loose ball but Beesley was equal to his effort.

Ardley took a 50th minute lead when Carl Tappin’s pass set Bayliss free and he beat Gary Eggleton.

Bayliss could have doubled Ardley’s advantage four minutes later but shot over before Highworth were reduced to ten men just after the hour mark. Aaron Maximen and Bayliss ended up in a heap in the area before the Highworth player was dismissed for violent conduct.

But Highworth almost equalised from a corner when Callum Parson hit the bar. Bayliss again found himself clear but Eggleton pulled off a great block and Talabi’s follow up shot was wide.

Ardley had begun the game with few resources on the bench but substitute Ashley Hunt posed the Highworth defence with a couple of alarming moments as he twice broke through but could not quite get his shots away. Deep into added-time, Jeacock’s pass set Talabi free on the left and this time the striker made no mistake by firing past Eggleton to seal the points for Ardley.