Tom Jones is going on tour this summer - here’s how to get tickets
It has been confirmed that the Delilah and It’s Not Unusual singer will be heading off on a massive European tour to mark a very special year.
Jones will also be returning to The Voice, continuing in his role as the series' most seasoned judge.
This year brings with it the 55 year anniversary of the latter single, as well as Jones’ own 80th birthday, in June. With so much to celebrate, it’s sure to be a memorable set of performances.
Jones will once again be passing on his wisdom to a new generation of aspiring pop stars. Picture: Eamonn M. McCormack/Getty Images
When is the tour?
The huge, continent-trotting series of shows begins on Sunday 31 May 2020 and runs through to Sunday 16 August.
Many fans were disappointed to find that the current listings don’t include a single gig in Jones’ home country of Wales. For years, the performer has been promising to make an epic return to his homeland, having hinted that a special homecoming gig would be coming soon back in the February of 2019.
"Wales, I hear you loud and clear - special things take time,” he tweeted at the time, but since then no further word on a Welsh date has been forthcoming.
However, some eagle-eyed fans have noticed a gap in his current tour schedule around the time of Jones’ actual birthday, Sunday 7 June.
This has led many to theorise that there is a surprise announcement still to come and that Jones will in fact be ringing in his 80th birthday in Wales, potentially returning to his hometown of Pontypridd where he last performed in 2005.
Where is Tom Jones playing in 2020?
Tom Jones’ 2020 tour will take him all over Europe, with a string of English and Irish dates.
The full list of shows is as follows:
- Sunday 31 May, Botanic Gardens, Belfast
- Tuesday 2 June, Live at the Marquee, Cork
- Tuesday 9 June, Hampton Court Palace, Surrey
- Saturday 13 June, Hull College Craven Park, Hull
- Sunday 14 June, Darlington Arena, Darlington
- Friday 19 June, Plymouth Hoe, Plymouth
- Thursday 25 June, Tempodrom, Berlin
- Sunday 28 June, QE2 Arena, Telford
- Sunday 5 July, The Hop Farm, Paddock Wood
- Tuesday 7 July, neimënster, Luxembourg
- Wednesday 22 July, Wiblingen Abbey, Wiblingen
- Friday 24 July, Newmarket Racecourse, Newmarket
- Sunday 26 July, Bitts Park, Carlisle
- Wednesday 29 July, Schloss Kapfenburg, Lauchheim
- Sunday 16 August, Earlham Park Café, Norwich
Before the tour begins, Jones will also be performing a charity gig at London’s O2 on Tuesday 3 March as part of Music for the Marsden.
He will then be playing at the KulturPur! Festival in Germany on Wednesday 27 May.
Is there a secret homecoming show in the works? Picture: Frazer Harrison/Getty Images for Stagecoach
How can I get tickets?
Tickets will go on sale on Friday 31 January and will be available from Ticketmaster.
However, for those who are especially eager to catch the Voice of the Valleys live in person, there is also the option to sign up for access to pre-sale tickets which will go online on Wednesday 29 January or Thursday 30 January, depending on the show.
This article originally appeared on our sister site, The i.