Top 10 Christmas Adverts of 2015
We all know that festive season has become a big deal for retailers and the Christmas advert can now make or break a shop’s year. We take a look at our Top 10 favourite ads of 2015.
1) SAINSBURY’S - Mog’s Christmas Calamity - Simply hilarious, Mog sets off a chain of unfortunate events which almost ruin Christmas for the Thomas family. Can she pull it all back to save the day?
2) TESCO - If you’re a teenager you hate how embarrassing your parents are, and if you’re a parent you might secretly take a little pleasure in embarrassing your kids from time to time. Tesco’s new Christmas add is a light hearted look at the family dynamic, a desperate teenage son useless with the ladies and some well timed intervention from mum and dad. Watch here
3) JOHN LEWIS’ Christmas adverts have become an institution in recent years. They have partnered with Age UK for its 2015 Christmas ad with a reminder to consumers to consider those who will be alone this year.
£300k new-build homes subsidence update - Mother and children marooned in Banbury home - emergency services today appraising safety
Man charged with multiple offences after police incident near Banbury
'Our houses are unsaleable' - ten £300k homes on a controversial Banbury estate are affected by 'heave' as water affects foundations
Banbury Town centre shops begin clean up operation after night of heavy rain
Police in Cherwell issue warning over increase in fuel theft cases
The full two-minute ad features the whimsical story of a young girl named Lily as she strikes up a connection with an elderly man who she spies through her telescope living alone on the moon. Watch here
4) LIDL - How many of us have had to learn these Christmas lessons at one time or another? From untangling the tree lights to buying a turkey that’s too big for the oven, Lidl’s advert takes a light-hearted look at the dos and don’ts of the perfect family Christmas. Watch here
5) COCA COLA - For some, Christmas just would not e complete without the seasonal Coca Cola award and the sight of that big red truck. Well it does not heavily feature in the 2015 advert which instead urges people to share at this time of year. Take a look here
6) ASDA - It has everything from Santa Claus doing the worm to ice skating snow men, the supermarket’s Christmas advert is loud and in your face and features a soundtrack from 2014 X Factor finalist Fleur East - check it out here
7) ALDI - Julie Andrew’s classic song My Favourite Things given a festive twist makes Aldi’s Christmas advert worth a watch here
8) BURBERRY - Forget the fact that Romeo Beckham, Sir Elton John, Julie Walters, James Corden, Naomi Campbell and Rosie Huntington-Whiteley all star in this simple but effective production for the clothing brand - for us the soundtrack of T-Rex’s classic Comsic Dancer makes this Christmas advert - watch it here
9) PAYPAL - This is quite a sweet Christmas advert firstly as it shows how much the traditional Christmas shop has changed with the rise of the internet and secondly as it revisits that great theme of Christmas sharing - take a look here
10) LITTLEWOODS: We like this advert for a couple of reasons, it’s calmer and soothes the senses compared to many of the others, plus, it features gifts that seemingly wrap themselves, handy! Watch it here