Updated: Single-vehicle collision in Banbury leaves motorcyclist with serious injuries

Emergency services, including police and an air ambulance responded to a serious injury motorcycle accident last night, Monday May 10.

Tuesday, 11th May 2021, 1:09 pm
The South Central Ambulance Service responded to a motorcycle accident in Banbury last night, Monday May 10 (file Banbury Guardian image)

The South Central Ambulance Service responded to a 999 call it received around 8.20pm last night (Monday May 10), reporting a motorcyclist had come off their bike at high speed at a roundabout on Hennef Way, Banbury.

The South Central Ambulance Service sent an ambulance and the Thames Valley Air Ambulance to the incident.

A spokesperson for the SCAS said: "The rider had sustained potentially serious pelvic injuries, and was taken by road to the major trauma centre at the John Radcliffe Hospital with the air ambulance team travelling with the patient."

Thames Valley Police also responded to the incident, which was described as a single vehicle road traffic collision, which occurred on Hennef Way, at the roundabout with Concorde Avenue.

A dark blue coloured Aprilla motorcycle collided with the roundabout, resulting in the rider, a man aged in his 40s, sustaining serious injuries.

He was taken to hospital for treatment where he remains with serious injuries.

PC Dean O’Dell, of Bicester Howes Lane police station, said: “I am appealing for witnesses to this single vehicle road traffic collision, which resulted in the motorcyclist sustaining serious injuries.

“I would like to appeal to anyone who was in this area at the same time as this incident, or anyone who believes they may have seen this motorcycle in the time before the incident.

“Additionally, anyone with dash cam footage would be asked to review it in case anything significant was captured on it that could help with this investigation.

“Please call 101 or report online if you have any information, quoting reference number 43210200775.”

The A422 Hennef Way was closed last night (Monday May 10) for several hours from the Ermont Way roundabout to the Concord Avenue roundabout due to the incident.