Firefighters respond to chimney fire in village near Chipping Norton

Firefighters responded to a chimney fire in a village near Chipping Norton late last week.

Monday, 24th May 2021, 1:32 pm
Updated Monday, 24th May 2021, 1:34 pm

A crew from the Chipping Fire Station attended a fire in a chimney in Sarsden, just outside of Chipping Norton.

Firefighters responded to the call around 8.50am on Friday May 21.

The fire was caused by debris within the flue. The crew made the chimney safe, and removed the hot embers from the property.

Firefighters responded to a chimney fire in a village near Chipping Norton late last week. (Image from Oxfordshire Fire & Service Facebook page)

The Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue issued the following advice for anyone with a chimney and an open fire or wood burner:

- Make sure your chimney and flues are cleaned and swept regularly.

- Make sure embers are properly put out before you go to bed

- Always use a fire guard to protect against flying sparks from hot embers

Anyone who would like more home fire safety advice can visit www.365alive.co.uk