One person rescued from Shotteswell house fire

Two appliances from Banbury and one from Fenny Compton attended a house fire in Shotteswell this morning (Friday).
Two appliances from Banbury and one from Fenny Compton attended a house fire in Shotteswell this morning (Friday).

Four fire engines were called to a house fire in Chapel Lane, Shotteswell this morning (Friday).

Two appliances from Banbury were supported by one from Fenny Compton and Southam to the incident at about 5.25am.

Firefighters managed to rescue a 94-year-old woman from the building using breathing apparatus and hose reel. The fire was located in the kitchen, which was contained and crews are damping down the affected area.

Shotteswell resident Bruce Teuten called the emergency services after seeing sparks and flames from his home. and said the fire service deserve all the praise they can get following their quick actions.

He said: “I am an early riser and so I got up at about 5am and went downstairs to make an early morning cup of tea, when my wife Alma said there was fire I rushed to the window and saw flames coming out of the roof. I called 999 and as we rushed out at about 5.20pm the fire engines arrived shortly after.

“If it had been any longer it would have been too late. Had it been at 3am we would have all been asleep. The firefighters were brilliant and deserve all the praise they can get.”