Banbury and Deddington fire fighters respond to house fire as smoke billows out the front door.
On Thursday March 9 a Barford St Michael resident returned home to find smoke alarms ringing and smoke filling the house.
At 12.27pm Oxfordshire County Fire Service arrived at the scene and using breathing apparatus entered and extinguished the fire with high pressure hose reel jets. Fans were then used to remove the smoke from the rest of the property.
No one was home at the time of the blaze and the fire was determined to have originated from the kitchen.
Crew Manager Mike Aspinall, from Banbury Fire Station said: “The owner of the house had returned home to find the smoke alarms in her house activating.
“On opening the front door the house was full of smoke so she called the Fire Service immediately.
“The family were very lucky that no one was in the property at the time of the fire, if this was early hours of the morning it could have been a completely different outcome.
He added: “It is important to check that you have working smoke alarms and also that all electrical appliances that are not designed to be left on are turned off and unplugged before leaving your home.”