Fire crews were called to a house in Great Rollright after concerned villagers raise the alarm.
Fire crews from Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service were called out to a chimney fire at a house in the village on Saturday, September 17.
Concerned neighbours raised the alarm at a bout 7pm after seeing flames leaping from the top of the chimney stack.
Fire crews quickly got the flames under control.
The Incident Commander, Watch Manager Simon Piper said “Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service recommends regular sweeping of chimneys to minimise the chances of a fire occurring”.