Firefighters called to tackle Banbury kitchen blaze

Fire
Fire

Firefighters were called to Banbury yesterday (Wednesday) to tackle a house on fire.

Oxfordshire County Council Fire and Rescue Service were called at around 4.18pm after reports of a blaze in Beatrice Drive.

Two fire appliances from Banbury fire station attended scene and were met by thick black smoke coming from the annexe at the rear of the house.

Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and extinguished the flames using a high pressure hose reel, limiting the damage to the kitchen.

Incident Commander Watch Manager David Edge said: “This fire was caused by the home owner becoming distracted whilst cooking - a common cause of fires.

“Fortunately the fire crews quickly extinguished the fire and prevented it from spreading to other parts of the building. This is a good reminder to everyone to test your smoke alarms and to try and avoid being distracted whilst cooking.”