Who from Banbury has appeared before Oxford Magistrates Court?
The following cases were heard:
• Ifraan Mahmood, 30, of Byron Road, Banbury pleaded not guilty to fraud by making false representation to Cherwell District Council by failing to declare previous convictions while applying for a taxi licence.
He was, however, convicted. Mahmood was fined £500 and ordered to pay £800 in costs and a £50 victim surcharge.
• Claire Turnbull, of Waterloo Drive, Banbury was fined £110 and ordered to pay costs of £100 for failing to give the identification of the driver of a car allegedly guilty of a parking offence in Abingdon, having been required to do so by Vale of White Horse District Council.
• John Morgan Barnett Hunt, 24, of The Green, Hook Norton was fined £426 for breaking the 70mph speed limit on the M40 motorway on October 16, 2019. The speed was measured by a manned speed check.
Hunt was ordered to pay a £32 victim surcharge and £85 court costs. His licence was endorsed with six penalty points.
• Mohamed Boulaabi, 39, of Preedy Walk, Bloxham admitted breaching an unpaid work order imposed by Oxford Magistrates on October 29 and failing to attend an induction on November 7. He was fined £50 and ordered to pay £50 in costs.
• John Watkins, 50, of Enstone Road, Great Tew pleaded guilty to drink driving in a Vauxhall Mokka on Butcher’s Hill, Great Tew on December 2, 2019. He had 116 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.
Watkins was fined £300 with a £32 victim surcharge. He was ordered to pay £85 court costs and was disqualified from driving for 28 months.
• Helen Teresa Sabin, 44, of Whichford, Shipston-on-Stour, pleaded guilty to drink driving in a Jeep Cherokee on Bell Hill, Hook Norton on July 9, 2019. Sabin had 143 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.
She was ordered to undertake 200 hours unpaid work and to undertake rehabilitation activity. She was ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £90 and court costs of £85. Sabin was also disqualified from driving for 34 months.
• Ella-Dee Humphreys, 37, of High Street, Bloxham was fined £100 for driving at 45 mph through a 30 mph speed limit in Bayswater Road, Oxford on April 4, 2019. She had pleaded guilty. Humphreys was ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £30 and court costs of £85. Her licence was endorsed with three penalty points.
• Attila Pinter, 36, of High Furlong, Banbury pleaded guilty to drink driving in a Mitsubishi Lancer in Bloxham Road, Banbury on December 5. Pinter had 51 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.
He was fined £318 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £32 and £85 court costs. He was disqualified from driving for 15 months.
• Thomas Robert Stevens, 30, of Manor Road, Brackley pleaded guilty to drink driving in an Audi A4 on Oxford Road, Kidlington on November 22, 2019. He had 76 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.
Stevens was fined £461 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £46 and court costs of £85. He was disqualified from driving for 20 months.
• Christopher Lees Gregory, 29, of Cotswold Crescent, Chipping Norton pleaded guilty to drink driving in a Honda car in Cotswold Crescent on November 12, 2019. Gregory had 62 microgrammes of alcohol in 100 millilitres of breath.
He was fined £200 and ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £32 plus £85 court costs. He was disqualified from driving for 16 months.
Gregory pleaded guilty to driving without insurance and was fined a further £160. Gregory also pleaded guilty to driving without a licence. There was no separate penalty for this offence.
• Julian John Harriss, 50, of Samuelson Court, Banbury pleaded guilty to possessing cocaine on November 22 in Banbury. He was fined £120, ordered to pay a victim surcharge of £32 and court costs of £85. The drug was forfeited for destruction.