Morris dancers took a tour of the village pubs in Adderbury for its annual Day of Dance.
Each year, the village’s three morris sides dance around the village at current and former pubs.
Adderbury Village Morris Men (AVMM) fielded 17 dancers and three musicians and started its day with its annual tradition – a ceremony in the village churchyard to pay tribute at the grave of Charlie Coleman, who lived from 1896 to 1978, and was the last survivor of the 1912 Morris side.
During the course of a seven-and-a-half-hour day, AVMM covered the entire repertoire of 23 dances and performed 53 times.
Also dancing on the day were Adderbury Morris Men and Sharp and Blunt, a women’s Morris side.
For Adderbury Morris Men, the village tour started at the Old Wheatsheaf and continued to The Red Lion, the Coach and Horses and The Bell.
AVMM started its tour at the church yard and continued onto Streams and Rose Cottage and Lake House while Sharp and Blunt started at The Plough at midday.
At the end of the day, all three sides came together to dance at The Bell.