A husband rescued his wife from a burning bedroom property in Farmfield Road Banbury yesterday (Monday) after a blaze broke out on the first floor of their home.
The blaze took hold around 2.45pm and an elderly woman trapped in the front bedroom of the semi-detached home was unable to get out and was rescued by her husband. She was taken to the Horton General Hospital by ambulance crews suffering from burns and smoke inhalation.
Her husband was also treated at the scene for burns and smoke inhalation.
Two fire appliances from Banbury attended along with crews from Bicester and Deddington.
Firefighters used a hydraulic platform to access the property and six firefighters entered the home wearing breathing apparatus to extinguish the blaze.
The last crews left the scene at 9pm yesterday evening.
Fire crews will be back in the area today (Tuesday) issuing fire prevention advice.