Banbury fire crews were called to a blaze at a property in Edmunds Road, Banbury at 8pm yesterday (Thursday).
Two fire engines attended and crews discovered a small fire in the ground floor kitchen caused by unattended cooking.
Firefighters used breathing apparatus and high pressure hoses to deal with the fire and a pressure fan was used to ventilate the property.
Crew Manager Simon Piper said: “Leaving cooking unattended could have terrible consequences for you and your home. You should have a working smoke alarm on each level of your home and test it once a week.””