Crews from Banbury and Deddington fire stations were called to a kitchen fire in Brinkburn Grove, Banbury, at 8.45pm yesterday (Monday).
On arrival the crews were met by the home owner who had called 999 after the smoke detector had sounded, alerting them to the fire.
Firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property and quickly extinguished the fire, meaning damage was limited and contained to the kitchen before ventilating the remainder of the property of smoke.
Watch manager David Edge said: “Due to the quick actions of the firefighters, damage was kept to a minimum. The home owner did the right thing by calling 999 and this incident undoubtedly shows the importance of having a working smoke alarm.”
Visit www.365alive.co.uk for fire safety advice. If you have a fire safety question, call the free phone community safety helpline on 08000 325 999 or e-mail email@example.com