DCSIMG

Candle sparks bedroom fire in Milton

MHBG-17-01-13 Fire Logo

Oxfordshire fire and rescue logo

Fire engine

MHBG-17-01-13 Fire Logo Oxfordshire fire and rescue logo Fire engine

At 4.30am on Saturday morning Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue Service was called to a bedroom fire in Milton near Banbury. The first floor fire which involved a television and items of furniture was caused by candles left unattended. The sleeping family were alerted to the fire by smoke alarms and were able to call the fire service and evacuate the house.

Four adults were treated at the scene for smoke inhalation by Fire Service personnel and the Ambulance Service.

Station Manager, Brian Butler said: “This is another poignant example of a working smoke alarm saving lives. This incident would undoubtedly have been much more serious had smoke alarms not been present and in good working order”.

“We would like to remind everyone that a correctly fitted and working smoke alarm will save lives.”

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page