Two fire engines from Banbury were called out to an unattended cooking fire in Adderbury yesterday (Sunday).
They attended a property in Chapel Lane at about 4pm, where they discovered an unattended cooking in the unoccupied cottage. The pan had been left on a gas hob and was removed to the garden and a high pressure fan was used to remove as much of the smoke as possible.
John Callway, incident commander, said: “This highlights the importance of having working smoke alarms in your home, the actions of the neighbour investigating the alarm and then calling the Fire and Rescue Service prevented further damage to the cottage.
“I would also like to take this opportunity to remind everyone to never leave cooking unattended, fortunately on this occasion there was only minor smoke damage to their home.”
Visit www.365alive.co.uk for fire safety advice.