DCSIMG

Banbury Christmas Day kitchen blaze

Banbury fire station in Cope Road

Banbury fire station in Cope Road

Banbury firefighters were called to a report of a kitchen fire at Coopers Gate in Banbury at 5pm on Christmas Day.

On arrival the crew discovered that an unattended grill pan had caught fire in the first floor kitchen, however, the family had spotted the blaze before it got out of hand and called the fire service.

One occupier was treated by the ambulance service for minor burns that she had sustained when she discovered the fire.

The kitchen had suffered from the heat of the fire and there was some smoke damage to the rest of the property.

Watch manager John Callaway said: “All this could have been prevented if the cooking had not been left unattended and the fire would have been discovered sooner if there had been working smoke alarms. Remember to fit smoke alarms to every level of your home and test them each week.”

Visit www.365alive.co.uk for fire safety advice. Those who have a fire safety question please call the free phone community safety helpline on 08000 325 999 or e-mail community.safety@oxfordshire.gov.uk

 

Comments

 
 

Back to the top of the page